UNDERWATER CARTOGRAPHY GPS
WITH SURFACE MODULE PLUS SEA DEPTH MODULE
(possibility to share your position continuously with anyone via the surface module)
Studio Matacchiera has tried to meet the numerous requests made by those divers who needed to orient themselves in the sea depth, and to know exactly their position, through continuous coordinates, during their underwater journeys. Thus, we tried to create an instrument capable of giving also a cartographic visualization, so that the divers could have a complete mapping of their path and their position in space. All this procedure takes place through the connection of satellites, between the underwater unit (with a 3.5 inch color display) and the surface unit, which consists of a watertight container placed on a bladder board/inflatable mooring buoy, by means of a thin, but strong, umbilical electric cable of only 3 mm in diameter.
An underwater GPS system that allows you to see your position underwater, via cartography, and at the same time to share your position while on the move. In addition, through this system, you can trace routes and set way points to reach sites and to return without ever emerging. You can easily plan your diving excursions and follow some specific, predefined routes. You can store, upload and download your maps and routes in a few minutes.
Some of its features:
1) Continuous display of coordinates, while remaining underwater
2) Cartographic display while remaining underwater
3) Autonomy of 2 hours, extendable
4) Import and export of “gpx” maps
5) Waypoint fixed
6) Electronic compass
7) ”Go to” speed on preset waypoints
8) Cartography in satellite, standard, simplified mode, Google map, and so on.
9) Ability to send anyone your position continuously, via the surface form
10) 50 metres sea depth